Hello, I’m Peter Colten. Jana, my wife, and I own and operate four assisted living group homes in the North Scottsdale area.
I hope to answer all your questions on this page about our approach to caring for mom or dad. But please know this, especially if you’re under some time pressure to find a facility. There is a right place for your parent. And you will find it.
And probably most importantly, you ARE doing the right thing. Even though you might not feel that way. We’ve been doing this for 16 years and I’ve never had anyone tell me they moved mom or dad too soon. It’s always the opposite, in hindsight they wished they’d moved sooner. Yes, you ARE doing the right thing. But yes, it is still hard.
We started Colten Adult Care in 1998 after Jana’s 25 years’ coordinating in-home social services for the elderly as a Clinical Social Worker. We were motivated to start on this journey because of her frustration with the level of care provided by the facilities she was referring patients to from her position at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Phoenix.
Our philosophy was and continues to be simple:
In every decision we make and every action we take, our primary consideration is always what’s best for our residents.
Why Colten Adult Care:
- We have 24-hour awake staff.
- All our staff are Certified Caregivers, many of whom have been with us 5+ and 10+ years.
- We believe there’s dignity in choice. If your parent has a favorite food (special diets are welcome) or interest or activity, let us know. We are happy to accommodate.
- And speaking of food, our food is home-cooked American cuisine. Join us for a meal, anytime!
- Our homes are all designer decorated and located in quiet, beautiful neighborhoods.
- We offer all the services you’d expect from any assisted living facility, including experienced care for dementia, Alzheimer’s care, incontinence, catheter, diabetic, oxygen, memory and medication storage, dispensing and monitoring.
- Full-time activities program. If your parent isn’t interested in that day’s activity, our director will create something.
- Private and semi-private suites with cable TV.
Click on any of our homes to learn more:
7741 E. Charter Oak Rd. | Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Villa on Sweetwater
6739 E. Sweetwater Ave. | Scottsdale, AZ 85254
12433 N. 71st Street | Scottsdale, AZ 85254
North Scottsdale Place
14203 N. 68th Place | Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Our vision is to create places full of life and laughter, places your mom or dad can continue with a life worth living. Places where our residents feel happy and loved, where their families are always welcome and places where you can have peace of mind knowing your loved one is safe and well cared for.
You’re this far down on the page because something I’ve said strikes a chord. Should we talk?
You can email me direct, call during regular business hours or complete the “Questions” form that drops down in the right-hand column on this page.